In-Home Personal Training
No Need to go to a gym because I will come to YOU!
There are many reasons to hire an in-home personal trainer and one of the biggest is convenience. I come to your home at your desired time with all of the necessary equipment for a personalized, functional and efficient workout. Whether you are training for a marathon, recovering from a surgery, dropping the baby weight, toning up for your wedding, (I can go on and on), I will get you the results, hold you accountable and TEACH you the why and how behind every exercise in the comfort of your own home and on your clock!
Once you sign up online, Todd Coburn to contact you – he enjoys discussing your goals and get a better understanding of your unique makeup.
It will only take 10 minutes, expect him to ask you about 5 questions – then he will confirm your online appointment request.
No need for equipment, Todd can bring his bag full of goodies – small weights, elastic bands, kickboxing mitts, ankle weights just to name a few of his favorites.
If you have a gym in your home, then that’s an extra bonus!!
Why Hire a Personal Trainer
1. Results – I know exactly how to push your body to give you the results you are looking for, I have 20 years of experience from training old to young, male and female, adults and children, post and pre op and recovering from an injury are all my specialties. Feel confident you are taking the proper approach to your new lifestyle, it’s very important someone highly trained is overseeing your progress, nutrition and keeping track of your workouts and nutrition intake throughout your journey.
2. Knowledge – I have an extensive amount of knowledge when it comes to exercise and I love what I do. A very important factor for me is to teach my clients why they are doing a certain exercise, how the breathing will help them through the movement, how to hold the posture, and what to feel when they are doing it on their own. Many of my clients tell me, “I could hear your voice! ‘Chest up, shoulders down and back, back straight…’” and that is my goal! To be the little exercise voice inside my clients’ heads while they workout on their own.
3. Variety – It is very important to change up your workouts. People ask me to write out a routine for them to follow and I have a hard time doing that. When it comes to exercise you cannot get into a routine – if you want results, that is. You must constantly shock the body, keep it guessing, never let it plateau! The way I train my clients is always challenging and always different session to session.
4. Intensity – Many people I meet have a decent exercise regimen and know what weights will be challenging for them, but they may not push themselves through the last two or three repetitions. We, quite frankly, just get lazy when we workout on our own. I push my clients beyond what they thought their limits were. If they need to go to muscular failure on a certain exercise, I am there to coach and encourage them through those last few shaky and extremely fatigued repetitions. It pays off in the long run, believe me!
5. Functionality – It is very important to me to simulate everyday movements within workouts with my clients. I implement multi-jointed and multi-planar movements which can be difficult for people to do on their own without someone coaching them through the movement and telling them exactly where their feet need to be placed in relation to their hips, shoulders and head, for example. I like to make everyday living – unloading the dishwasher, pushing the lawn mower, gardening – easier and pain free! The exercises that I incorporate into your workouts will enhance your everyday functions.
Fitness Assessment (Individual)
Body Fat Percentage, Circumference Measurements, Movement Assessment, Postural Assessment, Flexibility Testing, Strength Testing, Cardiovascular Testing. Please allow 90 minutes for a full fitness assessment.
For the convenience of my clients, my training time slots are prearranged and scheduled in advance. Because of this, I adhere to a strict cancellation policy. I operate on a scheduled appointment basis for all sessions and require the client provide 24 hours notice when canceling an appointment. No charge will be levied should the client cancel with more than 24 hours notice and the client reschedules within (1) week of cancelled session.
If the client does not reschedule, the client will be charged half of the session fee. If the client cancels with less than 24 hours notice, the client will be charged in full. No shows will be charged the full session rate. The client must understand that all canceled sessions should be rescheduled to ensure consistency and fitness progress. In the event of an emergency or sudden illness, the 24 hour advance notice is not required.
Although, as soon as the client is able, a phone call explaining the circumstances will be expected and appreciated. The client will not be charged for an emergency or extenuating circumstances that happen to either the client or myself. The client will not be charged the session rate if I am unable to make the scheduled time due to an emergency, bad weather, or bad traffic.